Published April 29th, 2014
Some things we’ve done for you in the Poets’ Estate:-
1) Benhill Rec. We installed new play facilities, planted lavender beds and removed the old skateboard ramp.
2) Westmead Road/Carshalton Grove. We asked the Council to investigate and prevent future floods in this area.
3) Colston Avenue/Coleridge Avenue/Court Drive. We installed new yellow lines to reduce commuter parking.
4) Free Grit. We installed new grit bins in many locations in the Poets’ Estate/Westmead area of the Carshalton Central ward, including at the junction of Sutton Grove/Waterloo Road.
5) Street Trees. We have got planted 81 street trees in Carshalton Central ward many of them in the Poets’ Estate.
6) Mead Crescent. Road was resurfaced.
7) Shirley Avenue. Road and pavements were resurfaced.
8) Westmead Allotments. Better secure fencing installed.
9) Shorts Road/West Street Footpath. We asked the council to clear dog mess and asked police to monitor the area.
10) Wrythe Rec. We installed new play facilities in the rec. We asked that the railings are refurbished and work is underway.
And….We have also kept residents informed and supported residents in the various planning applications affecting our area. Examples are the Carshalton Athletic Football Club’s applications for 3G plastic surface for the football pitch and extended hours of lighting both of which were unanimously refused by Sutton Council’s planning / development control committee.